Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the CollectionOfCards online platform (the “platform”). Please read these Terms carefully and fully before using the platform and the CollectionOfCards services, or disclosing to us any personal information. By using the CollectionOfCards platform or disclosing to us any personal information: (i) you agree that you have read and understood the Terms, (ii) you accept and agree to be bound by the Terms, and (iii) you accept and agree to abide by appropriate laws and regulations applicable to the subject matter of these Terms.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE THE PLATFORM, PARTICIPATE IN THE PLATFORM, OR DISCLOSE TO US ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Authority to Use
By using the platform, you represent and agree that you are at least 18 years of age or older and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms; otherwise, please exit the platform. The platform is not intended or designed to attract users under the age of 18. We do not collect personal information from any person we know to be under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you are not permitted to disclose or send to us any personal information.
Usage & Termination
You are required to establish an account on the platform in order to use its certain features and services. You agree to provide accurate, true, complete and current information about yourself as prompted by the platform and to promptly update such information to maintain accurate, true, complete and current information. If you provide any inaccurate, false, incomplete or outdated information or we in our sole discretion suspect that such information is inaccurate, false, incomplete or outdated, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and prohibit any use of the platform or any portion thereof by you. During the registration process, you will create a username and password. You are responsible for the confidentiality of your account and password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account or password. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account or password or any other security breach and to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You agree to be responsible for all charges resulting from the use of your account on the platform including charges resulting from unauthorized use of your account. We are not liable for any loss or damage resulting from your failure to comply with this section.
Changing the Terms
The materials on the platform are provided “as is”. CollectionOfCards makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, CollectionOfCards does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on the platform. Any litigation claims against CollectionOfCards for copyright breaches, defamatory comments or misleading advertisements made by platform users are the responsibility of the latter. As soon as someone notifies us of a copyright breach, we remove the offending material from the platform immediately and conduct an investigation.
User Content and Conduct
The use of the platform
Where applicable at the platform you agree to use the platform for lawful purposes and that you are responsible for your use and communications on the platform. You agree not to post on or transmit through the platform any unlawful, infringing, defamatory, obscene, indecent, threatening, offensive or otherwise objectionable material of any kind including any material that encourages illegal conduct or conduct that would encourage civil liability, infringe on other’s intellectual property rights or otherwise violates any applicable local, state, national or international law. You agree not to use the platform in a manner that would interfere with the normal operation or infringe on any others use of the platform. You agree not to access the platform by any means other than the interface we provide. Any permitted links to the platform must comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
You may post your own content, including posts, reviews, articles, and cards’ descriptions (“User Content”). You understand that you are solely responsible for any content you post to the platform. You alone assume all risks associated with your content, including anyone’s reliance on its accuracy, truthfulness or reliability or any disclosure by you of information in your content that makes you identifiable. You may not imply that your content is endorsed by us. You may expose yourself to liability if your content is false, defamatory, intentionally misleading, violates any third-party right, including copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy right, right of publicity or any other intellectual property or proprietary right or is unlawful or violates or advocates the violation of any law or regulation. We cannot guarantee that your content will not be misused by other users. If you have information you want to keep confidential and/or do not want others to use, do not post it to the platform. We will not be liable for any user content, including, any errors or omissions, or any loss or damage incurred as the result of the use of any user content in any manner posted to the platform.
We are not responsible for any user’s use or misappropriation of any content you post to the platform. By posting user content to the platform, you hereby grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) us perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, host, store, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate, edit, sub-license, modify, create derivative works from, communicate, publish, publicly display and distribute such content or incorporate such content into any form. The foregoing grant includes, without any limitation, any copyrights and other intellectual property rights in and to your user content. You represent and warrant that the content you posted does not violate the privacy or publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights including moral rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees and any other amounts owed to any person by reason of any content you posted to the platform. This license continues even if you stop using our platform. You understand that we may preserve user content and may disclose user content if required to do so by law or in good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the legal process, enforce these Terms, respond to claims that any user content violates the rights of third-parties, or protect the rights, property or personal safety of us, our users and the public. Your content postings are voluntary including ideas, opinions, and disclosures. There is no confidential or contractual relationship established by posting your content or review or use of your content. We are not liable for any disclosure of any user content including opinions or suggestions you post to the platform. We are entitled to unrestricted use of any user content it may receive, for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you as the content provider.
Infringement of intellectual property rights
We will terminate the account and/or block platform users who violate the intellectual property rights of any person on the platform or others. You understand that by using the platform you may be exposed to other’s user content that is indecent or otherwise objectionable. We make no representations or warranties express or implied with regard to the accuracy or reliability of user content or any other material or information you may obtain from the platform. If at any time we choose, in our sole discretion, to monitor the platform, we nonetheless assume no responsibility for the user content, have no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate user content and have no responsibility for the conduct of the platform users submitting any such user content. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to remove any user content that violates others intellectual property rights in our sole discretion. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all the risks that are associated with the use of any user content, including reliance on accuracy, completeness or usefulness of such content. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other platform users. We, in our sole discretion, have the right but are under no obligation to monitor communications between you and other platform users. You agree to indemnify us for any and all third party claims, damages, losses, liability and causes of action in any way arising from or as a result of your posting any content or materials or your failure to comply with these Terms. You agree to cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defence of any claim. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will still be required to indemnify us for the attorney fees and expenses in addition to any losses, claims, damages and liabilities incurred by us.
Not to use
You agree not to use the platform to:
- Post or otherwise transmit any user content that is harmful, false, unlawful, obscene, defamatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Harass, stalk or otherwise abuse another.
- Impersonate any entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Harm minors.
- Attempt to disguise the origin of any user content posted.
- Post or otherwise transmit any user content that you do not have the right to transmit under any law, contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- Post or otherwise transmit any user content that infringes on any patent, copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party or post or otherwise transmits any protected material.
- Post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, spam, junk mail, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation.
- Post or otherwise transmit any content that contains viruses, Trojan horses, or other harmful, disruptive or destructive materials that limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or interferes with any third party’s use of the platform.
- Collect data about other platform users.
- Gain access to unauthorized areas of the platform, including servers or networks.
Your membership registration is free. To become a member of the CollectionOfCards global community of Tarot and Oracles collectors you will simply be prompted to complete a fool-proof set-up process by:
- Entering your name (or nickname) and email address.
- Creating a password.
- Uploading your photo (or avatar), otherwise, the system adds an avatar from own copyrighted images.
- Choosing to be visible or invisible for other members of the community (choose Private or Public profile).
Your members’ rights include:
- Having an access to the CollectionOfCards database to search cards.
- Creating own inventory lists of your collections.
- Creating wish lists of desirable decks.
- Contacting other collectors for education and entertainment purposes (private messages between members).
Creator and Publisher Directories
The platform rules take into account intellectual property issues. Breaking the latter (infringement of copyright) may result in monetary damages, lawsuits, costly legal fees, and under some rare circumstances, criminal charges. Copyright infringement is a violation of the rights of the creator or rights holder:
- Use of whole or part of an image or text without permission.
- Use beyond the scope of a license or permission.
- Adapting or rendering an image without permission.
Following the below rules, you’ve never been liable for breach of copyright:
- You are a creator or copyrights holder.
- You use original themes/images.
- You use original texts/ descriptions.
Some rules to follow the right way are simple enough:
- Check your text by Grammarly and remove possible plagiarisms.
- Make sure that your source images are in the public domain (free for use).
If you aren’t sure that they are 100%-certain public domain royalty free images:
- Write and request written permission from images’ owners.
- Don’t use these images.
Some rules (concerning primarily new decks’ creators) are complicated:
- Copyright is by the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works is in force in 160 countries, as well as various local laws in these countries.
- The main mass producers of Tarot cards: U.S. Games, Llewellyn Worldwide, Lo Scarabeo, and Schiffer apply restrictions for using copyrighted images in cloned decks.
- The most popular historical Tarot decks: Rider-Waite-Smith (RWS) Tarot deck by Arthur Waite, Pamela, and Rider as the first publisher; the Thoth Tarot deck by Aleister Crowley and Frieda Harris, Marseille Tarot deck, and Sola Busca Tarot deck have special copyright regulations (Read Tarot Copyright Essentials for more details).
To protect you, CollectionOfCards stick to regulations of the Berne Convention, as well as copyright-related laws of the USA, Great Britain, Australia, and EU countries:
- Presenting historical Tarot cards’ images in the CollectionOfCards Catalog for non-commercial education and brief review purposes only.
- Allowing creators to put five low-resolution small sized images only for each deck, and pictures of cards back as well as packing boxes’, adding an attribution watermark – © copyright holder/artist name, and year.
- Regularly curating content posted by Artists, Self-publishers, and Collectors on the platform.
- Reserving the right to remove any content immediately when a copyright owner complains (with a subsequent investigation).
Submit an article
You may submit your articles to the platform. You are solely responsible for the content of your articles. You agree not to submit any unlawful, infringing, defamatory, obscene, indecent, threatening, offensive or otherwise objectionable articles. We will terminate your account if you violate the intellectual property rights of any person on the platform or others. Please follow the articles submission rules:
- Create original texts (check your text by Grammarly and remove possible plagiarisms).
- If you use a quotation, ask for the written permission from a copyright holder.
- Use public domain royalty free images.
- If you use copyrighted images, request the written permission from images owners.
- If you write about historical Tarot decks (Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot, Thoth Tarot, and Marseille Tarot), follow special copyright regulations issued by main mass producers of Tarot cards (U.S. Games, Llewellyn Worldwide, Lo Scarabeo, and Schiffer), read Tarot Copyright Essentials.
Submit a Tarot or Oracle Deck
You may submit descriptions of Tarot or Oracle decks that are absent in the CollectionOfCards database to the platform. Please follow the deck’s submission rules:
- Create original description texts (check your text by Grammarly and remove possible plagiarisms).
- If you use a quotation, ask for the written permission from a copyright holder.
- For each new deck submit five low-resolution small sized images only for each deck, and pictures of cards back as well as packing boxes’, adding an attribution watermark – © copyright holder/artist name, and year.
- If you submit clones of historical Tarot decks (Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot, Thoth Tarot, and Marseille Tarot), follow special copyright regulations issued by main mass producers of Tarot cards (U.S. Games, Llewellyn Worldwide, Lo Scarabeo, and Schiffer), read Tarot Copyright Essentials.